◦ This agreement outlines the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) between you (a “Sponsor”, “you”) and pocket farm(“pocketfarm”, the “Company”, “we”, or “us”) under which you agree to sponsor to cultivate farm plots through our website pocketfarm.com.ng
◦ It is important that you read these Terms carefully. We strongly recommend that you seek independent advice when considering whether to sponsor a farmer with your money through the Platform.
◦ We do not provide any advice, nor do we make any recommendations to you. The Company solely allows you to sponsor a farm on the Platform. It is your responsibility to assess whether the Platform is suitable or appropriate for your needs and any decision made to use our Services is done so entirely at your own risk. Please be aware that execution of these Terms does not imply that we have confirmed that use of the Platform and our Services are suitable or appropriate for you. By using the Platform, you confirm that you have the necessary experience and knowledge.
◦ You confirm your agreement to these Terms either by registering as a sponsor on our website or by signing a copy of these Terms.
2 LEGAL AND REGULATORY INFORMATION
Pocketfarm Limited is a limited liability company registered in Nigeria (registration number RC 1571928 with its address at suite E23 Melita plaza, off gimbiya street area 11, garki, Abuja. Farms are located in nasarawa, Jigawa, ekiti, Oyo,
◦ Pocketfarm Limited is an Agriculture company providing innovative and digital solutions for its users to sponsor farmlands and for farmers to gain sponsorship to cultivate their farms.
3 SPONSORSHIP TERMS
◦ The Sponsor will receive periodic updates on the status of the farm by email. The updates are also available on your profile on the Platform. You are expected to review all notifications, updates, and reports from Pocketfarm.com as they represent a record of information pertaining to your sponsorship contribution during a farming cycle
◦ You are entitled to request for a physical visit to your sponsored farm, however, you must provide us with at least 1-week notice to schedule a visit
◦ At the beginning of a farming cycle, you will be expected to pay costs related to the lease of land for farming, seedling/livestock, fertilizers, maintenance costs, and the cost of supervision and administration. All costs are included in your sponsorship contribution
◦ You agree that by sponsoring a farm, your contribution is tied and unavailable for the entire duration of the farming cycle and neither pocketfarm nor the farmers can or will refund your contribution until the successful completion of a farming cycle
◦ Any profits from a successful farming cycle of a Sponsor’s farm are remitted to the electronic wallet on the Platform when the produce is harvested and sold (i.e. upon completion of the farming cycle)
◦ At the end of a successful farming cycle, you can decide whether to withdraw your funds from the electronic wallet on the Platform and transfer to a bank account you provide us with or to sponsor a farm for a new farming cycle
◦ You acknowledge that you do not own any of the farms cultivated and are only entitled to the proceeds of any farming cycle you participate in.
4 SPONSOR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Representations and warranties are statements and promises made by you to the Company, which we rely on as being accurate in our dealings with you. You make the following representations and warranties to us at the time of agreeing to these Terms and every time you use the Platform or Services, including the time you are matched to a Loan Agreement;
1 you are over the age of 21 years;
2 you are of sound mind and have the capacity to enter into these Terms and be matched to a farm;
3 all personal information that you provide about yourself is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge;
4 you hold a bank account in Nigeria in your own name and will use this account to transfer money to our account when you sponsor a farm and to receive refunds of contributions made and profits earned;
5 you will only ever sponsor with your own money unless you are authorised on behalf of a third party (“Third Party”) and we agree that you may act on behalf of that Third Party.
6 you are not using any illegal funds or attempting to launder by sponsoring a farm
7 if you are registering or accepting these Terms on behalf of a legal entity such as a company, trust or partnership, you are legally authorised to do so and we may request evidence of such legal entitlement (by way of a copy of any document which shows the valid and subsisting authorisation);and
8 you are not breaching any laws or regulations that are applicable to you or any company, trust or partnership upon whose instructions you are acting.
5 ACCESS AND USE
◦ Secure access to the Platform is provided by way of your username and password. These log-in credentials are unique to you and are the primary method of securely identifying you when delivering our Services to you. It is therefore extremely important that you keep your username and password secure at all times.
◦ If you suspect that your secure access to the Platform has been compromised in any way, it is your responsibility to contact us.
◦ You confirm that you will only use our Platform for the purposes set out in these Terms.
◦ You confirm that you will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the secure areas of the Website or Platform and furthermore you will not attempt to use code or software to manipulate or automate functions available on the Website.
◦ Access to the Platform may be restricted at the discretion of the Company, particularly during periods of maintenance and updating.
◦ We have the right not to act on your instructions including where we deem that your instruction was not sufficiently clear, or we could not verify your identity to our satisfaction, or the instruction was not made by you, or we believe that the instruction may be related to an illegal activity.
6 ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
◦ Where we discover that the Platform is being used to launder money or for any suspicious transactions, we have an obligation to report your activities to the relevant authorities without recourse to you.
7 FOREIGN EXCHANGE RISK
◦ Where a Sponsor contributes in a currency other than the Naira, foreign exchange gain or loss and fluctuations in currency rates may have an impact on the profit made on such contribution by the Sponsor.
◦ All profits on contribution shall be converted and returned in Naira based on the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) official exchange rate. The Sponsor therefore enters into any transactions in currencies other than the Naira at their sole risk and shall bear all responsibilities for any gains or loss as a result.
◦ Unexpected changes in currency exchange market conditions may have an impact on the extent of profit the Sponsor would be exposed to such as when there is an upward or downward movement in the relevant rates.
◦ The Sponsor understands and is able to assume the risk of loss associated and agrees to be liable for any resulting deficit this might have on contributions made or profits earned.
8 TERM AND TERMINATION
◦ Except as otherwise terminated in accordance with the provisions below, these Terms shall commence on the date you register to sponsor a farm with the Company and shall remain valid and binding for as long as you have outstanding sponsored farming cycles.
◦ These Terms may be superseded by any amended Terms.
◦ These Terms may be terminated by you provided that you have no outstanding sponsored farming cycle. Notice of termination must be provided in writing to email@example.com
◦ These Terms may be terminated by the Company at any time without notice.
Subject to the Terms of Insurance and any insurance claims settled, you agree that the Company has no obligation to reimburse or indemnify you for any cost, loss or liability which you incur as a result of the failure of a farm to yield according to expectations
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, any farmer, and all our other agents or sub-contractors, against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred as a result of:
1 your fraudulent or illegal use of the Platform, the Services or the Website;
2 your negligence or any default by you of any of these Terms or the terms of any Loan Agreement to which you are matched;
3 any inaccurate or incomplete information that you have knowingly provided to us;
4 your allowing any other person to access your account either with your permission or as a result of your failure to keep your username and password private;
5 any service that you have offered, whether with or without our permission, to another third party using our Platform, Services or Website;
6 any claim made against you for actual or alleged infringement of the Company’s Intellectual Property Rights or any actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or in connection with the Services or your use of the Platform
11 DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Agreement shall be governed by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement, which cannot be settled, by mutual agreement/negotiation within 30 days shall be referred to arbitration by a single arbitrator at the Lagos Court of Arbitration (“LCA”) and governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Cap A10, Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The arbitrator shall be appointed by the Parties, where Parties are unable to agree on the choice of an arbitrator, the choice of arbitration shall be referred to the LCA.
The findings of the arbitrator and subsequent award shall be binding on the Parties and may be enforced through a Nigerian court of law. Each Party shall bear its cost in connection with the Arbitration.
12 APPLICABLE LAW
This Agreement shall be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Parties submit to Arbitration and waive any objections based upon venue.
13 CONTACT US
◦ If you have any question regarding this Agreement, or comments about the Site or its contents should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on 27 August 2018
Pocketfarm is supported by Didii Agritech and folsho multiglobal nig ltd. (registration number RC 1571928)
Who we are
Our website address is: https://pocketfarm.com.ng.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data